- Our dog we don't know
- KAWASUMI Gakudai
Our dog we don't know
- Piece concept (comment from the artist at the time of selection)
- I've drawn lots of dogs to the present. When I say "dogs", there is a certain motif to it. There are times when I look at a dog from behind and I feel a sensation like I am going inside of it and can see through its eyes. I gain a brand new perception which fully acknowledges that I am simply observing what it sees. I would like to make pictures showing this. Memories of course come from a source, but if you could gain a brand new point of view, the source might not matter much for those memories. I believe that's one of the ways memories exist.
- Piece introduction
- I partook in an artist residency as I looked through the eyes of a dog and am making an exhibition space devoted to those perceptions.
This piece goes beyond new perceptions to examine the way memories exist.
KAWASUMI Gakudai （Based out of Saitama）
- Born in Aichi
- Graduates from Aichi University of the Arts with a major in oil painting from the Faculty of Art's Department of Fine Arts
- Takes part in the Something of Painting Exhibition at MAT, Nagoya; Aichi
- Takes part in the VOCA Exhibition 2017 at the Ueno Royal Museum, Tokyo
- Holds the "ki →" exhibition at florist-gallery N, Aichi
- Completes studies in the Faculty of Fine Arts at Tokyo University of the Art's Graduate School
- Holds the "Rhythm of Timing" exhibition at Fresh, Saitama
- Takes part in the Beyond the Reasons Exhibition at Komagome SOKO, Tokyo