Please read the Invitation for Participation and this page before starting the entry registration procedure for Gifu Land of Clear Waters Art Festival – Art Award IN THE CUBE 2023.
To register by web, please click the “Entry” button below and fill in the necessary information, starting from the Email Authorization Form. Entry registration is completed upon paying the selection fee by credit card.
First, please enter your email address on the Email Authorization Form. The URL of the Entry Form will then be sent to your email address by our automated response system.
If you have not received an automated response within days after completing the Email Authorization Form, please do the following in order.
Notes to applicants from EFA:
- ・To apply by post, please print the application documents, sign each one, and send them together with the work by post.
- ・To apply online, please read the Terms of Entry (Handling of personal information and instructions) shown below, check the “I agree to the Terms of Entry” box and proceed to the Entry Form.
Entry registration procedure
1.Fill in the Email Authorization Form.
Please enter your email address in the Email Authorization Form. The URL of the Entry Form will then be sent to your email address by our automated response system.
- *If you do not receive an automated response after completing the Email Authorization Form, please do the following in order.
- 1.Check your spam folder.
- 2.Contact the Secretariat of the Executive Committee, Gifu Land of Clear Waters Art Festival – Art Award IN THE CUBE (firstname.lastname@example.org) by email.＜email@example.com＞
After completing the Email Authorization Form, you will be sent an email titled “Your email has been authorized” by the Secretariat of the Executive Committee, Gifu Land of Clear Waters Art Festival – Art Award IN THE CUBE (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please access the URL shown in the email within 24 hours to start the entry registration procedure.
Upon clicking the URL, the Entry Form will open. Please fill in the form.
*If you have not received an automated response within 24 hours after completing the Email Authorization Form, please do the following in order.
1. Check your spam folder.
2. Contact the Secretariat of the Executive Committee, Gifu Land of Clear Waters Art Festival – Art Award IN THE CUBE (email@example.com) by email.
2.Fill in the Entry Form.
Upon clicking the URL, the Entry Form will open. Please fill in the form. You can temporarily save the data you have input by clicking “Save Data Temporarily.” In this case, you will be sent automatically generated numbers and the URL necessary to re-login to the Entry Form by email by the Secretariat of the Executive Committee, Gifu Land of Clear Waters Art Festival – Art Award IN THE CUBE (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- ❶To submit “Proposals,” please upload each of the corresponding pages in the application documents in PDF format.
- ❷To submit “Optional Materials,” please upload each of the corresponding pages in the application documents in PDF format.
After filling in the Entry Form, please click “Next” and confirm the information you have entered. Then proceed to the payment information page.
You may also obtain the “Proposal” forms by downloading the Invitation for Participation provided below.
○Temporarily saving data and re-logging in to the Entry Form page
You can temporarily save the data you have input in the Entry Form by clicking “Save Data Temporarily.” To re-login to the Entry Form, please click the URL shown in the email titled “Your entry has not been completed.”
You will be unable to access the URL 24 hours after the email was sent. In this case, access the URL shown in the email titled “Password for temporary data saving has been reissued” and enter the automatically generated numbers shown in the email titled “Your entry has not been completed” in the URL Reset Request Form.
After completing the form, you will be sent another email titled “Your entry has not been completed.”
3.Complete the entry registration.
After filling in the Entry Form, you will be guided to the payment screen. Upon paying the selection fee by credit card, entry registration is completed, and you will be sent an email titled “Your entry has been completed.”
Terms of Entry (Handling of personal information and instructions)
Before filling in the Entry Form, you are required to agree to the Terms of Entry. Please read the following terms and proceed to the “Next” step after checking the “I agree to the Terms of Entry” box.
(You cannot proceed to the “Next” step without checking the box.)
Handling of personal information
The Executive Committee of the Gifu Land of Clear Waters - Art Festival Art Award IN THE CUBE defines its role in protecting Applicants’ personal information as described below. In compliance with this definition, the Host will take all possible care to prevent personal information from leaking, use for any other purpose, alteration or otherwise.
（1）Purposes of use of personal information
Applicants’ personal information will only be used for the limited scope purposes described below:
- ①Notification of selection results
- ②Communication to confirm entry-related information and questions
- ③Statistical analysis with the aim of improving the Art Award IN THE CUBE
- ④Provision of information related to the Art Award IN THE CUBE, such as exhibitions and invitations to apply for the award(These pieces of information will not be provided upon request.)
- ⑤Publication of a list of winners in mass media and on the website(Work titles, winners’ names and affiliations, etc. Whatever is to be disclosed will be notified to the individual concerned in advance.)
If such information needs to be disclosed for purposes other than those above, we will obtain the consent of the individual concerned in advance.
Disclosure and communication to third parties
- ①Applicants’ personal information will be managed and protected in an appropriate manner.
- ②Applicants’ personal information will not be disclosed and communicated to third parties without their consent. However, such information may be disclosed to subcontractors only when it is necessary to hold the Art Award IN THE CUBE and carry out the activities of the AAIC Secretariat.
The above does not apply in cases in which disclosure is necessary for the protection of life, body or property and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual concerned, or cases in which disclosure is required by law.
- ①An Applicant must confirm the points specified in (1) and (2) above before filing an application.
- ②Upon receiving an application form, it will be understood that we have obtained the consent of the Applicant and author.
In some cases, applicants may be requested to submit necessary documents regarding the handling of personal information.
Applicants from the EEA are required to agree to the following terms. By checking the “I agree to the Terms of Entry” box, you are deemed to have agreed to them.
1.Purpose of Use and Legal Grounds of Collection and Process
We collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- ①To notify you of the result of the review on your artworks;
- ②To ask you questions in connection with your application for Art Award IN THE CUBE 2023;
- ③To make analysis for the further development of Art Award IN THE CUBE;
- ④To provide you with information on (i) exhibitions in connection with Art Award IN THE CUBE 2023 and (ii) other art events; and,
- ⑤To publicize the winners of Art Award In THE CUBE 2023 on mass media and websites
2.Type of Personal Data
We collect and process your personal data to the extent necessary for the purposes stated above. Such personal data may include the following persona data:
- ④Birth date;
- ⑤Sex (only on a voluntary basis);
- ⑦Phone number;
- ⑧Email address; and,
- ⑨Any other personal data set forth in your CV.
3.Recipients or Categories of Recipients
- ①Lawyers, tax accountants and other professions who are bound by confidentiality obligations under the relevant laws and regulations; and,
- ②Gifu Prefecture Office (Joint Controller) and any processors which process personal data on behalf of controllers.
We comply with GDPR and any other applicable laws and regulations on personal data protection in disclosing your personal data.
4.Use of Processor
5.Transfer to Third Countries
Your personal data may be transferred to a controller or processor in a third country only where:
- ①The EU Commission has decided that such third country ensures an adequate level of protection; or,
- ②We and such controller or processor have entered into standard contractual clauses or standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission
6.Data Storage Period
Your personal data will be erased when our purposes of use are fulfilled; provided, however, that if you request us to erase such personal data, we will erase your personal data within 10 days after such request even before the fulfillment of our purposes of use.
7.Access, Rectification, Erasure, Data Portability and Withdrawal of Consent
You have the right to access, rectify or erase your personal data, restrict or object to processing your personal data, and receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Also, you have the right to withdraw your consent to our collection and process of your personal data at any time and your withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of our processing based on your consent before your withdrawal.
If you have any inquiries to the above rights or our process of your personal data, please contact us through the following email address:
Attention: Secretariat of the Executive Committee, Gifu Land of Clear Waters Art Festival-Art Award IN THE CUBE (Cultural Creative Division,, Gifu Prefectural Government)
You have the right to lodge a complaint to our process of your personal data with an applicable supervisory authority having jurisdiction over your residence.
9.Requirement for Application
Your personal data will not be used through automated decision-making process including profiling.
We implement various technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data from misuse, unauthorized access, rectification or erasure or any other risks.
12.Personal data of Person under 16 years old
If you are under 16 years old and you intend to provide your personal data to us, please obtain your guardian’s consent before providing your personal data.
（1）Issues related to rights, such as copyrights and proprietary rights
- ①Copyrights of all works and application materials submitted (including performance entries and events) will belong to their authors.
- ②Within the scope of the selection process of the Art Award IN THE CUBE, the Host will duplicate application materials.
- ③Works selected in the primary selection process may be duplicated, screened, broadcast, made public online, displayed, translated or used for other purposes by the Host within the scope of the selection results announcement, exhibition, display and advertisement of subsequent series of the Art Award IN THE CUBE, without any monetary compensation to their authors.
- ④Works to be exhibited and introduced at the exhibition will be recorded as videos, photos and/or in other forms, which may be used for the purpose of advertising the Art Award IN THE CUBE, provided to the media, or used for relevant projects. The Host will decide how and where to take videos and photos.
- ⑤Visitors to the exhibition may take pictures of works for non-profit and private purposes, and to be used for public transmission and automatic public transmission (contributions to social media etc.) while they are being exhibited.
- ⑥Applicants must ensure that their entry work does not violate any third-party rights and, if any complaint in this regard is received, they must address it at their own responsibility. If conflict between an Applicant and a third party causes damage to the Host, the Applicant is liable for the entire damage.
- ⑦Images provided by Exhibitors for the purpose of publicity may be trimmed or otherwise processed by the Host when they are used.
- ⑧The property rights of each work belong in principle to its author.
- ⑨When entry works are presented and/or exhibited on other occasions, it must be clearly stated that they were produced on the occasion of Gifu Land of Clear Waters Art Festival - Art Award IN THE CUBE 2023.
（2）Issues related to the exhibition of works
- ①The place where each cubicle is installed in the venue will be decided by the Host.
- ②Works to be exhibited must be produced and installed in such a way as to withstand the exhibition period. If works are designed to be touched or operated, they must be able to withstand being touched and operated.
- ③.If a work is broken or damaged due to insufficient durability, its Exhibitor must repair it onsite at its own cost.
- ④It is possible to make holes, use nails or modify the walls, ceiling and/or columns as long as such modifications do not affect the durability of the cubicle. It is, in principle, not permitted to modify the floor of the cubicle. However, if the Exhibitor takes measures to prevent damage to the facilities, such as preparing floor boards themselves, it is permissible to modify it.
- ⑤Electrical wiring in the cubicle will be installed by the Host. Lighting equipment and accessories must be prepared by Exhibitors. The way in which electrical wiring will be installed will be determined after discussion between the Host and an Exhibitor.
- ⑥.The electrical power source available in the cubicle is 100 volts, 15 amps from one circuit. If higher voltages and amps are needed, the Exhibitor must discuss it with the Host. (It is not permitted to install electrical equipment for which the Exhibitor needs to draw electricity from an external source, such as a generator installed outside of the venue, or one that exhausts any gas in the venue.)
- ⑦If an entry is in the form of video, the Exhibitor must prepare, if necessary, devices to play it, such as a projector, PC, DVD player, speaker and/or blackout curtains, by him/herself.
- ⑧In the venue, cubicles adjoin each other. The Exhibitors should be aware that work may be affected by sound, vibration and light from other works.
- ⑨.If an entry is in the form of performing art, which cannot be displayed continuously, perform it several times during the exhibition period. (Associated accommodation and other costs must be borne by the Exhibitor.) During other times, place something that provides information on the details of the performance.
- ⑩The Host can perform simple turning on and off of a switch but, in principle, does not operate or manipulate devices and equipment other than in an emergency.
- ⑪After the exhibition, the cubicle itself will in principle be removed by the Host. If the work and the cubicle are not separable, it is possible for the Exhibitor to take it out of the venue after discussing with the Host. In this case, transportation costs must be borne by the Exhibitor.
- ⑫Insurance premiums to cover losses through theft of and/or damage to works during the exhibition period will be borne by the Host. (The purchase of a property insurance policy with an upper limit on coverage is being planned.)
- ⑬The Host will take great care in exhibiting and handling entry works but will assume no responsibility for any damage caused by natural disasters and other contingencies.
- ⑭.In the exhibition space, no commercial transactions and no advertising and publicity for commercial purposes are permitted. However, it is allowed to display the logos and names of cooperating companies on the inside of the cubicle and the walls.
- ⑮Exhibitors must remove their exhibit and deal with waste on their own responsibility, at their expense.
（3）Other important points
- ①Exhibitors who pass the primary screening will be required to sign an agreement separately.
- ②Exhibitors will be requested to attend events designated by the Host, such as the award ceremony.
- ③Exhibitors may be asked to provide additional materials in the screening process.
- ④If there are any defects or false statements in the application, documents and materials submitted, or if any violation of regulations, agreements or other problems occurs, the selection/award will be withdrawn and the winner will be asked to return any prize money already paid immediately.
- ⑤Any inquiries about the progress of the selection of entries, or inquiries about reasons for the selection will not be accepted.
- ⑥The Host will not make any compensation for damage and loss caused during the delivery of a work.
- ⑦Important information regarding the “Art Festival in Gifu, Land of Clear Waters - Art Award IN THE CUBE 2023” (e.g. in case of any change in date, time and venue due to social circumstances or other reasons) will be posted on the official website (https://art-award-gifu.jp/).
- ⑧.In case of a conflict between the Host and an Applicant, Japanese law will apply and the Gifu District Court will serve as the dedicated competent court of the first trial.
- ⑨Any matters not stipulated in this guideline shall be determined on a case-by-case basis upon consultation between the Applicant and the Host.
Application Reception Section, Secretariat of the Executive Committee,
Gifu Land of Clear Waters Art Festival – Art Award IN THE CUBE